Smart Mobility Data Science and Analytics
The EIT Urban Mobility Master programmes are two year, double degree programmes (120 ECTS) leading to two degrees, one from the Entry University and one from the Exit University. The programme curricula include a mandatory minor in Innovation & Entrepreneurship of min. 30 ECTS, a mandatory MSc thesis of 30 ECTS and a mandatory organizational and international mobility.
Students will take part in an intensive summer school and a Kick-off event as part of the curriculum, focused on addressing critical city-based challenges. Visit EIT Urban Mobility Master School's website for more information.
Application deadlines for studies starting 2024
Applications are currently closed. Please fill in this form if you wish to get notified when applications open in November 2023.
Please note that if you are interested in this programme you must apply through an external portal. Visit the following page for more information.
Structure of the 2-year programme:
- First year: Entry University, min. 60 ECTS including I&E courses (min. 18 ECTS)
- Summer School, 3 ECTS (included in second year I&E courses)
- Second year: Exit University, min. 60 ECTS including I&E courses (min. 12 ECTS)
- Eindhoven University of Technology – Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Ghent University – Ghent, Belgium
- Politecnico di Milano – Milan, Italy
- Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC) – Barcelona, Spain
- University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia
The programme is a comprehensive combination of an I&E Minor (30 ECTS) and a Technical Major (90 ECTS):
20-30 ECTS mandatory courses (‘common base’)
- MTAT.03.238 Algorithmics 6 ECTS
- LTOM.02.050 Geography, Communication and Spatial Mobility 6 ECTS
- LOOM.02.328 Economic Geography of Urban Systems 2 ECTS
- LTOM.02.053 Spatial Data Analysis 6 ECTS
- MTAT.08.040 Intelligent Transportation Systems 6 ECTS
- LTAT.06.014 Data Science for Urban Mobility 3 ECTS
- LTAT.06.016 Mobility Modelling 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.237 Practical Training in Informatics 6 ECTS (internship)
30-40 ECTS elective and specialized courses (‘specialisation’)
The I&E spesialication courses:
- MTAT.03.310 Business Analysis 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.325 Software Product Management 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.293 Introduction to Software Entrepreneurship 3 ECTS
- MTAT.03.278 Software Entrepreneurship Project 12 ECTS
- LTOM.02.030 Demography, Global Migration and Contemporary Cities 6 EAP
- LTAT.02.003 Big Data Management 6 ECTS
- LTAT.05.011 Digital Product Design Introductory Project 3 ECTS
- MJJV.11.001 Principles of Entrepreneurship I 3 ECTS
- MJJV.11.002 Principles of Entrepreneurship II 3 ECTS
- LTAT.05.019 Digital Product Management Industry Project 6 ECTS
The elective courses:
- LTAT.02.007 Data Engineering 6 ECTS
- LTAT.06.007 Distributed Systems 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.227 Machine learning 6 ECTS
- LTAT.06.011 Introduction to Autonomous Driving 6 ECTS
- MTAT.08.024 Distributed Systems Seminar 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.277 Research Seminar in Data Mining 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.280 Mobile and Cloud Computing Seminar 6 ECTS
- LTAT.06.010 Pervasive Data Science Seminar 6 ECTS
- MTAT.03.324 Participation in Hackathons 3 ECTS
30 ECTS master’s thesis project.
If you are interested in the contents of individual courses, please have a look at courses.cs.ut.ee.