19th Estonian Summer School on Computer and Systems Science
The University of Tartu Institute of Computer Science would like to invite you to take part in 19th Estonian Summer School on Computer and Systems Science (ESSCaSS 2022).
Dates: 15-17th August
Where: University of Tartu Delta Centre, Narva mnt 18
The international summer school welcomes all PhD students, MSc students interested in research, postdocs, faculty members and representatives from industry. School will traditionally cover modern research directions in computer science, systems science, software engineering, artificial intelligence, and any other related disciplines like bioinformatics, neuroscience, or likes.
The main focus of this year’s ESSCaSS is on machine learning, responsible AI, calibration and fairness of machine learning, etc.
- Prof. Eyke Hüllermeier (University of Munich) – „Uncertainty Quantification in Machine Learning: From Aleatoric to Epistemic; and/or Preference Learning and Ranking“
- Prof. Christoph Lampert (Institute of Science and Technology Austria) – „Fair and Robust Machine Learning“
- Assoc. Prof. Meelis Kull (University of Tartu) – „Calibration and confidence in Machine Learning“
- Prof. Raul Vicente (University of Tartu) – „Complexity Science for Computer Scientists
- Prof. Mark Fišel (University of Tartu) – „Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing“
- Assoc. Prof. Jaan Aru (University of Tartu) – „The neural idea factory: How new ideas come about"
- PhD Marek Rei (Imperial College London)
- Prof. Tanel Tammet (Tallinn University of Technology) – „On Common Sense“
All participants will be invited to present posters, some most interesting topics may be invited for a short oral presentation. Additional info and detailed schedule can be found and will be updated here.
Applications are submitted via the registration form at the following link.
Participation fee is 100€ for early bird (July 10th) and 150€ (until August 4th).
Members of the UT/TalTech Doctoral School of Information and Communication Technology are exempt from the fee. Other PhD, MSc and BSc students, supervisors, faculty - will be paid by their institutions directly. In some cases we can consider additional exemption of the fee (please indicate that in registration form).
We believe that a diversity in backgrounds is one of the keys to a successful event, hence please help us to put a word out by sharing the event amongst your colleagues. Looking forward to see you in Tartu!